General Educational Development (GED®) classes prepare students to take the tests required to earn the GED® high school equivalency certificate. 预备班用英语授课.
- 学生 must be at least 17 years of age or older and not enrolled in a K-12 school district. Please be aware that 16-year-old students may enroll only with parental and K-12 school district permission.
- 青年GED® classes (High School Credit/青年GED®) may be an option for students starting at age 16 who qualify. 如果您不确定要参加哪节课，请访问 可选教育青年GED® 请在注册时查阅或查询.
Qualifying students attend the bbin信誉网站 preparation classes without cost. 然而，学生们应该注意，参加GED®考试是要收费的. 有关注册日期和时间，请致电309-796-8216与我们联系.
- 任何年满18岁的人, 在伊利诺伊州居住至少30天, 而且都不是高中毕业生, 但谁的高中班级已经毕业了.
- 美国现役军人:美国现役武装部队的成员, 谁年满17岁, 在伊利诺伊州居住或者是伊利诺伊州的合法居民
- 十七岁或以上的惩教部门的囚犯, or an inmate confined in any branch of the Illinois State Penitentiary or in a county correctional facility.
- A female/male 谁年满17岁 who is unable to attend school because she is either pregnant or the mother/father of one or more children
- A person 谁年满17岁 who has been a dropout for a period of at least one year
- A person who is successfully competing an alternative education program under Section 2-3.伊利诺伊州学校法典第81条或第13A条
- A person who is enrolled in the youth education program sponsored by the Illinois National Guard (Lincoln’s Challenge)
四项GED考试每项收费30美元. 当学生准备参加普通教育水平考试时，他们必须参加普通教育水平考试.com and login to their personal GED account, register for a test date and time, and pay the $30 fee. 成人教育 staff is available to help students create a personal GED account and register for tests. 虽然注册是通过GED.com, 所有的考试都在bbin信誉网站考试中心进行, 或岩岛县地区教育办公室.
Tests are offered at The bbin信誉网站考试中心 and The 岩岛县地区教育办公室 to take the test. If students choose to test at that The 岩岛县地区教育办公室 they must contact the office directly to set up a preferred testing date and time. If students choose to take the test at The bbin信誉网站考试中心 no appointment is needed. 我们欢迎学生在正常工作时间内前来参加考试. The only requirement is that students arrive one hour before close of business to ensure ample testing time.
修读宪法模块是免费的. This module can be completed once students have taken their first GED exam.
学生必须在所有四项GED考试中获得145分或更高的分数. 学生 who score above 165 (on any test subject) are considered ready to be college ready.
宪法得分不包括在总分中. 学生 who have high school transcripts indicating a passed Constitution test will have the test waived. 成绩单必须送到相应的考试中心.
学生 are allowed to retake GED tests a maximum of three times within a calendar year. 每次GED重考的费用为10美元.
There is no fee or limit of retake tests associated with the Constitution test.
Requests for classroom accommodations are to be submitted to the bbin信誉网站 Office of Disability Services. Requests for GED test accommodations are to be sent to GED Testing Services. Requests for Constitution test accommodations are to be sent to the appropriate testing location (bbin信誉网站考试中心 or the Rock Island Regional Office of Education).
bbin信誉网站 staff is available to assist any students who wish to submit requests for accommodations.
提供的住宿包括:延长时间, 大号字体, 录音带版本, 读者, 和抄写员.
Form L-15 or form SA-001 should be requested when registering for special needs.
学生 have the potential to earn credit more quickly in their home schools. 学生 who complete a full schedule of classes at the home school have the potential to earn 7 credits per year. 选修教育的时间较短(4或5小时), so students can only expect to complete 4 to 5信用s during an academic year. 有些学生由于出勤率低或学习效率低而收入减少.
GED® students prepare to demonstrate that they have the same skills as the average high school graduate in five fields: Literature and the Arts, 写作技巧, 科学, 社会研究, 和数学. 学生 are tested when they enroll to help determine what areas need attention. Instructors then work with students to design a program that meets individual needs.
GED®毕业生有资格参加大学课程. While GED® graduates with high GED® and college entrance scores may go directly to a four-year institution, 许多人开始在bbin信誉网站这样的社区学院上大学. A college-bound GED® student should strive to earn scores that are higher than the minimum passing score. The student should also consider enrolling in keyboarding and introductory computer classes. 打字和电脑技能会让你更容易过渡到大学.